Why work as a prison officer at HMP Eastwood Park?
About HMP Eastwood Park
HMP Eastwood Park is a women’s resettlement prison near the village of Falfield in rural Gloucestershire, bordering the Cotswolds and a short distance from the Welsh border.
It accommodates up to 442 prisoners who are on remand or serving a range of sentences.
Inside HMP Eastwood Park
Prisoners at HMP Eastwood Park have access to a wide range of opportunities to address the causes of their offending and help them make positive change to turn their lives around when they leave custody.
Addressing the specific needs of women in prison
Staff take a trauma-informed approach to working with women who have led challenging lives that have triggered their offending behaviour. This includes providing interventions that focus on:
- building healthy relationships
- supporting women who have been abused or raped
- providing advice for women who have been involved in prostitution and introducing them to support networks
Making positive changes
The prison also runs a number of offending behaviour programmes helping women to develop new thinking and problem-solving skills to reduce their risk of reoffending.
With a focus on preparing women to return their communities, HMP Eastwood Park runs a ‘Nine Pathways’ programme. Focusing on 9 common reoffending triggers, such as lack of accommodation and substance misuse, the programme supports prisoners to take action to make positive changes in their lives.
Developing new skills
To develop their skills and increase their chances of employment, prisoners also have opportunities to:
- gain qualifications, including in core curriculum subjects such as Maths and English, and enrol in higher education via distance learning
- work in onsite workshops to gain experience and vocational qualifications in industrial cleaning, cookery and health and beauty
- access advice and support to help them prepare to find work when they leave custody
As an employee of HMP Eastwood Park, you’ll have access to a range of facilities and employee benefits including:
This is in addition to the great benefits you get from being a part of HM Prison and Probation Service.
How to get to HMP Eastwood Park
With good road links and a large, free onsite car park, HMP Eastwood Park can be reached from Bristol, Gloucester and Stroud in around 40 minutes.
Find HMP Eastwood Park on a map (opens in a new tab).