Someone like you
As an operational support grade (OSG), you’ll play a key role in supporting the smooth and safe running of the prison.
You’ll be part of a supportive team doing all sorts of things – from security and searches at the gate, to managing deliveries, supervising visitors, and monitoring phone calls and CCTV. It is a varied and active job.
The OSG job is a prison support role. Unlike our prison officers, your contact with prisoners tends to be limited. Although, depending on the prison, you may interact with prisoners occasionally.
You’ll need to be a good communicator, team player and keep calm under pressure.
The OSG role will give you significant knowledge and experience of how a prison operates. It can provide opportunities to move into other prison jobs.
OSG – an extraordinary job. Done by someone like you.
- No qualifications needed
- Starting salary of £25 to £31k for a 37 hour week
- Skills you need: trustworthy, teamwork, problem-solving
- Must have basic maths, spelling, grammar, IT skills, and speak fluent English
- An active role requiring a reasonable level of physical stamina
- An opportunity to gain an apprenticeship and progress your career
Pay and benefits
|Band 2 OSG |
(37 hour week inclusive of a 20%
unsocial hours allowance)
|Outer London||£29, 268|