Check if you’re eligible
To become a residential worker at an approved premises, you need to:
- be at least 18 years old at the time of employment
- have the right to work in the UK and in the Civil Service (GOV.UK, opens in a new tab)
- to confidently communicate in fluent English
The application process
Find a suitable vacancy and start your application. As part of your application, you’ll need to:
- provide your personal details including your full name, address, contact numbers and proof of your right to work in the UK
- tell us about your current employment
- write a statement of suitability for the role based on your relevant experience, skills and achievements
Attend an interview
If your online application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview. It will be an opportunity to tell us more about yourself, your work history, and personal experiences. This will help us get to know you better and assess if you’re suited to the role.
We’ll use the Civil Service Success Profiles framework (GOV.UK, opens in a new tab) in your interview.
Complete your pre-employment checks
If you are successful at interview, we’ll start your pre-employment checks. These will include security, identity and past-employment checks.
Get an offer and arrange your start date
Once you have received your provisional offer and passed your pre-employment checks, we’ll email you to arrange when you can start your new approved premises role.