Someone like you
Our residential workers work in approved premises for offenders who are on release from prison and making the transition back into the community.
As a residential worker you’ll work as part of a wider team to provide 24-hour cover at an approved premises site.
You’ll play an important part in offenders’ rehabilitation by encouraging individuals to make positive changes in their lives and successfully resettle into their communities.
It’s an opportunity to build a rewarding professional career. You’ll gain experience of working with offenders, making a real difference to residents, the public and the wider community.
Approved premises – an extraordinary job. Done by someone like you.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including English and Maths)
- Starting salary of £24k for a 37 hour week
- Work as part of a team providing 24-hour cover – get additional payments for working unsociable hours
- Must have experience of working with people with social or personal difficulties
- Part-time working available in some locations
- Induction and full training
Pay and benefits
The starting salary is £24,228 for a 37 hour week plus a London weighting of £4,126 where this applies.
Additional payments are made for working unsociable hours:
- Monday to Friday: 7pm to 8am premium payment of 30%
- Weekend: 8am Saturday to 8am Monday premium payment of 50%
- Public/Bank Holidays: 8am to 8am premium payment of 50% as well as time off in lieu for actual hours worked
This is in addition to the great Civil Service benefits you’ll get as part of the Probation Service.