As a residential worker you’ll work as part of a wider team to provide 24-hour cover at an approved premises (AP) site, including security and monitoring services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- contributing to effective team practice, communicating effectively with team members and passing on important information
- maintaining an active presence at the AP, regularly engaging with residents and ensuring their safety at all times
- escalating any matters of concern to the AP manager to ensure enforcement or compliance with court orders, licences and AP rules
- supporting and creating a safe working environment for staff, residents and visitors
- arranging purposeful activities for residents within the AP
- reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes
You’ll assist in the wellbeing and supervision of residents, maintaining discipline and adherence to AP rules and their sentence plan objectives specific to residency in the AP. You’ll also contribute to the management of offenders’ risk.
This role involves substantial out of hours work, both waking night duty and weekend work. You may also be required to cover duties at other APs at times of staff absence.