As an OSG, you’ll get all the training you need so you have the necessary skills to feel confident in your role.
Once you start, you’ll get paid on-the-job training, which will focus on prison security and safety procedures. This will prepare you for situations where you may have to deal with prisoners.
You’ll also have access to ongoing local training including:
- personal protection safety training
- health and safety procedures
This is designed to give you an increased understanding of keeping safe when working in a prison.
When you become an OSG, you’ll be offered the opportunity to complete a fully-funded level 2 customer service apprenticeship (on-the-job learning).
- complete the apprenticeship alongside your new role
- gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to fulfil your role to the highest standard
- achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- have the opportunity to achieve level 1 functional skills in Maths and English if you do not already have these
The programme will run for 14 months. You’ll get your own skills coach who’ll support you throughout your learning.